Monday, July 23, 2007

2 Classics - 1 Weekend

This weekend brought me back to Red Rocks to see Bob Dylan...I was still amazed by the beauty of the place... but this time I sat farther back and my view of the stage included the city of Denver in the background... watching the lights come on all over the city while listening to Bob Dylan well... that's pretty cool! It was amazing to see Bob Dylan!...I hadn't seen him since I was 16... his voice is shot... and he made no connection with the audience...he didn't even introduce his amazing band until the 1st encore... but the songs he sang and the fact that he wrote music that was so important to an entire generation... well... I was blown away... from "Everybody must get Stoned"...(and trust me... they did!) , "Tangled up in Blue", "Don't Think Twice", to "All Along the Watchtower"... I just kept saying to myself... "that's Bob Dylan"...WOW!!! Another great show in a great place...

Saturday... I had to get my copy of Harry Potter... someone told me that the college book store would be a good place to buy the book... as there are not a lot of students on campus yet... and the book store would have plenty of books... so I did... (paid full price... yikes) and I had my book! I ran all the errands that I needed to... I went to Costco... (the book was 1/2 the price), got my snacks, and by 6:30 -7:00 I was settled in... I continued reading until I finished the book at 9pm on Sunday... It was delicious, fabulous, wonderful!... It was pure luxury to sit and read a good book for the entire weekend! Now... I'm having a little Harry Potter withdrawl...hmmm... maybe I'll start ll over again when I get my things...
Anyway... 2 classics... 1 weekend... pretty cool..

No comments: