Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Little Rock

Ok... well being flexible is what a road trip should be about.... and I am flexible...My original intent, was to travel to Little Rock, tour the Clinton Library, and then continue on to Oklahoma City and stay the night there... But.... it took longer to get to Little Rock than I had planned, and the weather men were calling for severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for the area I was planning to travel into... So I heeded to common sense (and the advice of my weather friends) and held up here in Little Rock after the tour of the library... It's giving me a nice respite from the road, and time to do my laundry... Clean clothes will make me so happy.... aahhhh life's simple pleasures... lol...
The Clinton Library is beautiful... very spacious with a cantilever part of the building over the river and it does just what a presidential library should do... promote the legacy of the president...and what a legacy Clinton has...I love him! The library is set up in a time line...and goes year by year... there is an incredible amount of information available thru interactive displays... and say what you want about Bill... he is extremely charismatic and the world seemed to like him... Too bad that the measure of the man seems to be about his sex life rather than the accomplishments of his administration.
As I have done on all the previous legs of this trip, I booked the hotel in the morning... That way I have a destination and am not spending the afternoon flipping thru the book and figuring out where I'm staying... So I had the desk person, make the reservation at the hotel in Little Rock. I'm unfamiliar with the area, and the hotel that I selected was booked... so he selected one that he had been to... Well I had a devil of a time finding it... and found myself cursing and railing against the guy who booked this place and the guy here who was trying to give me directions... I was railing against how stupid it was that there was no place to eat... that I was lost on a dirt road with only construction... that I kept turning around... The funny part was that when I finally entered the hotel, it was great.... I have a nice room, a nice desk, free internet, laundry facilities, hot tamales at the check in desk ( always a bonus) and mini chips ahoy cookies waiting in the room! What could be better...
So I will analyze the map and figure out where the next stop will be... I think it will be Oklahoma City...
Stay tuned... tomorrow's another day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I expect you will be singing some tunes from Oklahoma - there are a lot of good ones from that musical!
Hope the tornado warnings are over and you have an uneventful trip to OK!