Thursday, April 19, 2007

And so it begins....

The idea began as something so small and simple... "move and change your life". It became a little bigger and more concrete when the house went on the market... a little more concrete and loomed larger when there was a contract on the home...I won't even mention what it felt like when the movers came to move my home! But today, it grew exponentially, and became gigantic in nature as ...THE ROAD TRIP BEGAN!!

I left Gaithersburg, MD at 10:15 this morning; later than anticipated... No need to mention the delay due to returning the crummy ipod car connector... The weather seemed to suit my mood... grey, cold, and on the verge of tears, but amazingly, the road just unfolded before me... as if to say, "it's ok... this is alright... it's the right thing... I know this may sound odd, but it felt like ...just follow... no traffic jams, no delays, just keep moving... and I did! Even the couple of torrential downpours, didn't slow me down!
The mountains are beautiful... not in the rugged Rockies sort of way...but they are beautiful and full of trees. Everything is blossoming and the grass is so green. Just beautiful...
Ok... tomorrow the Biltmore Estate, maybe the vineyard, and maybe downtown... Saturday... it's off to Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry...(How weird is that!) Exciting, but a little weird...
I'm off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it! It was hard to watch you pull away but oh what adventures you have ahead of you....